- How does silence perpetuate violence? To what extent do people have a responsibility to speak out against injustice toward others?
- What is the importance of memory and remembrance in relation to genocide, such as the Holocaust?
- How does culture (including religious affiliation) affect an individual’s ability to control his/her own life?
- How does the text explore the power and limitations of language?How does the literary form/genre impact the content?
- Where do we see Wiesel make stylistic choices in his writing that are impactful?
READING GUIDE – Night
READING GUIDE – Maus
CLICK HERE for some helpful in-class resources
Thematic Writing Assignment
List of Graphic Novel Terms
List of Terms in Night